it is such an honor to be nominated for The Liebster Award by the absolutely amazing Wing-Yee @ Bibliophilic Med Student and @bibliomeds over on instagram! thank you so, so much for thinking of me Wing-Yee!! be sure to check out both her blog and bookstagram where she has tons of awesome content!
What is The Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is all about building out the book blogging community. Specifically, it’s a way to highlight newer blogs that don’t necessarily have a large following yet (less than 200). You get to discover hidden gems of blogs, make new book blog friends and learn more about the bloggers you already follow!
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site on your blog
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer 10 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award
- Create a new list of questions for your nominees to answer
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it
1. What advice would you give to new book bloggers?
i’d say to know why you’re doing this not to do it because you feel like you have to or because everyone else has one but because YOU love it. also try always remember that you’re doing this for fun! it’s not a job so don’t feel obligated to post ALL the time if you don’t have time to post this week or this month that’s okay!!
2. What genre of books do you enjoy most?
i absolutely LOVE me a good contemporary (and that’s not saying i don’t love other genres though i mostly go for YA or NA) but something about a cute contemporary just gets me! *swoon* they make me feel all warm and giddy inside and they always put a smile on my face.
3. What is that one book that made you reflect for a long time?
i typically never reflect off books but, one that always comes to mind is ‘Second Chance Summer’ by Morgan Matson. without trying to give anything away the main characters family gets some devastating news and instead of being the busy flurry of Hi’s and Bye’s they usually are with their overtasked schedule they spend of summer having family time. this book always makes me think about how important it is to appreciate your family, friends and the people around you because you just never know.
4. What has been the most rewarding part about having a book blog?
the most rewarding part of having a book blog is also the most rewarding part of being in the book community. that is just being here no matter if i’m having a wonderful day or an absolutely horrible day it never fails to make me smile i love this so much. also, the reason i started this book blog is so i could have a platform where writing significantly more than it is acceptable on instagram is an okay thing to do and that has been fantastic.
5. If possible, which fictional world would you take up permanent residence?
100000% the wizarding world!!! if any of you know me from instagram (@abookishadventurer if you’re wondering!) you know i am obsessed with Harry Potter! there’s no other world i’d want to live in more!
6. What is that one book / series that really got you into reading?
okay so i started reading at the ripe young age of 1½ to 2 years old so i never really know what to say for this question but, i do remember having a subscription Nick Jr. magazines as a kid. back to the question the oldest book i remember reading (and oldest on my shelf right now) is ‘Charlottes Web’ by E.B. White from when i was 7 years old (it has the date in it!) for series though oh my gosh i remember vividly going to the library to get ‘The Adventurers of Mary-Kate and Ashley Series‘!!! i probably read all those series they had when i was younger!
7. Is there a book that you think everyone in the world should read and why?
this is a hard question!!! it honestly comes down to opinion but i do think everyone should read ‘Harry Potter’ of course by J.K. Rowling no matter what age you are it’s still magical and ‘The Catcher in the Rye’ by J.D. Salinger is such a good book i’d definitely recommend it (its also on the banned books list.)
8. Favorite reading time and snacks?
i’m usually reading at night (i definitely sacrifice sleep more of than not to read. whoops!) and as for snacks i really don’t ever snack while reading but, i do drink water, coffee, hot cocoa or sometimes tea.
9. Who are your top 5 OTPs?
WHO DON’T I SHIP?!? that would be the real question *laughs maniacally* okay. this is hard.. who do i choose!?
1. Kaz and Inej – oh my how i love these two (fyi if you didnt know im also helplessly obsessed with Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom(review) by Leigh Bardugo she is my queen!) and let me point out i ship the other couples in this duology as well!
2. Katniss and Peeta – ha the shipping wars when this film came out and i was just there in the background shipping these two like none other! i’ll always love them. (‘The Hunger Games’ by Suzanne Collins)
3. Lara Jean and Peter – i cannot wait for the final book in this trilogy to come out to see what happens with these two! (‘To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before’ by Jenny Han)
4. Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase – thESE TWO! i’m currently still reading this series but, aw omg they’re so cute and pure i love them! (‘Percy Jackson’ by Rick Riordan)
5. Jacob Kowalski and Queenie Goldstein – i loved these two SOO much this movie was absolutely amazing i wish there was more of them! (‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay’ by J.K. Rowling)
10. Finally, what are some of your favorite quotes?
i have a whole bunch of book quotes i love but here are a few quotes relating to books that i love. a couple of these i have no idea where they’re from but, i love them nonetheless.
1. “If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story” – Orson Welles
2. “You like a good story, then start at the beginning”
3. “All of these books have one thing in common, they start on page one and each pages you turn brings you deeper into the story.”
4. “A room without books is like a body without a soul” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
5. “So many books, So little time” – Frank Zappa
here are a few of the awesome blogs i follow with less than 200 followers. i’d love it if you could check them out and give them some love they definitely deserve it ♥
New Questions for Nominees:
1. What is the oldest book you have on your shelf and it’s story?
2. What is one book and/or series you could read over and over again?
3. Do you have any tips or tricks to get through a reading slump?
4. Do you have any book pet peeves?
5. What’s your most reread book? and how many times have you reread it?
6. Do you have any other readers in your family or circle of friends?
7. Is there any books that have made you cry?
8. Which book do you wish had a sequel?
9. If you were to write a book (or if you have) what genre would it be?
10. Do you need a quiet place to read?
»Even if I haven’t tagged you, please feel free to answer these questions in the comments or link your post below! I’d love to hear your answers to these questions! i hope you enjoyed reading this thank you so much!
until next time,