so now that it’s finally starting to feel like spring where i live. i thought it was finally time to share a few reads i plan to get through this spring. i recently reorganized my book shelf so that all of my tbr is in front (it’s double wide) and basically all my unread books stare back at me when i look at my shelf haha! one of my favorite genres is contemporary and i feel like spring (and summer) are the perfect times to really get into some of those! (the only order these are in is owned, series then, unreleased.)
i’m really hoping to read a ton this year and really just try to make a MASSIVE dent into my owned tbr. i have so many books that i own that i still haven’t read and i honestly can’t wait to read them all. my new years resolution for this year was to be on a book buying ban. this idea was solely until i was able to at least make a considerable lesser
tbr owned tbr size but, there was SO many great new releases and i had quite a few preorders so i started my book ban with a little bit of a late start in the year *hides in shame* i’m now hoping to stick to my word and it’s been going pretty well so i’ll try to keep this to books i own but a few new releases miiiiight sneak in here. (you can click the title of the books for a goodreads link to their descriptions)
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber i know!! this book was/is at the top of TONSSS of peoples tbr for 2017 but, it just sounds sooooo good!! i do have it and i can’t wait to see if it lives up to the hype!
- By Your Side by Kasie West let me just say that Kasie is my auto buy author i love all of her books and i actually already have this book despite my ban (will power is not strong enough for Kasie!) and this book is one i’ve been eyeing for AGES!! i could not wait for this to be released so i had to get it! *laughs nervously*
- The Last of August by Brittany Cavallaro this book was one of my most anticipated reads at the beginning of the year but, i still haven’t gotten to it yet!!
- Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book by Jennifer Donnelly with the release of the Beauty & The Beast live action movie i’ve become re-obssessed with this story! ive had this book since i accidentally came across it the week it came out and purchased it on a whim. since the hype i starting to dwindle down i want to read this soon to fall into this world again!
- Before i Fall by Lauren Oliver after i saw this movie trailer i was like ‘YESS i have to get that book!!’ and with this movie being released im hoping to dive into this one very soon so i can finally watch it!
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon this book has been on my tbr for AGESSSS and once again with the movie coming out soon i’m super keen to get into this book.
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer ohmygosh i don’t know HOW i HAVEN’T read this book yet! i’ve had it since november, it has gotten tons of rave reviews and i desperately need to read this one soon!!!!
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson i tried to read this book sometime around fall or winter and i just wasnt feeling it but, now that the warm weather and spring has arrived i think i’ll be picking it up in the next few months.
- Shades of Magic (series) by V.E. Schwab as i mentioned before Schwab is an actual writing goddess and i was gifted the first book by my absolutely amazing friend Callie (@lovelybookishbelle) from bookstagram! im also actually heading over to London soon and i definitely want to at least start this series before i go!
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan PERCY!!♥ i loveee these books so much and im SOOOO late to the Rick Riordan party but, im glad i came! i’ve already read the first three books in this series so im so excited to continue reading it! this series just brings a smile to my face whenever i read it and i’m really eager to get to more of Ricks books.
- Throne of Glass (series) by Sarah J Maas im SO behind on the Sarah J Maas train and i’ve been wanting to read this series for so long! i’m finally getting to it and im actually already almost done with the first book *huzzah* (series review to come)
- A Court of Thorns and Roses (series) by Sarah J Maas after starting ToG i fell in love with the way SJM creates her worlds and i love her writing so i figured i have to start these!
- Lucky in Love by Kasie West this book sounds too cute!! i love Kasie Wests book and i’m really happy about this book. i’m really interested see how the MCs life plays out and i don’t think i’ve ever read a story with a plot line like this one!
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon THIS BOOK!!! omg its at the very top of my wish list at the moment! i’ve been dying to read this book and recently been hearing a bunch of rave reviews about it which makes me even more eager for this amazingly diverse book even though i have to wait till…. the END of MAY?? *cries in the distance* (release date: May 30)
- Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett okay this is actually so crazy i feel like i’ve been wanting to read this book forever and i only JUST NOW realized its releasing in April!! i had though this book was already out thinking i could just pick it up whenever but i still have to wait another month (actually stressed about this haha!) i just want to binge read this book!!! (release date: April 4, 2017)
- Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han I’M SO EXCITED for this book! this is a third book in the To All The Boys series and it was actually originally a duology before Jenny Han decided to write a last book! i’m beyond thrilled that we get one last chance to see these characters before we have to say goodbye. (release date: May 2, 2017)
- Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab i’ve recently become obsessed with Schwabs writing after reading the first book in this duology This Savage Song (you can find my review of it here) she writes SO beautifully i cant wait to be able to get my hand on this book and probably stay up all night reading it *too excited to function!!!!* (release date: June 13, 2017)
- Once and For All by Sarah Dessen oh my gosh Sarah Dessen was the first YA author i ever got into, her books are so comforting to me. while i still have a couple of her books i’ve yet to read i really love her books and i’m super thrilled to read a new one!!
i’m hoping that by some miracle i can read way more than these that way i can justify purchasing maybe a few of the bottom ones but, we’ll see!! hopefully you guys were able to get some new ideas of books to read soon or maybe was even introduced to some new ones! thank you so much!
until next time,